We all get hurt in life, but not all of us can forgive and move on so I am writing this for in case you struggle to remind you of the 5 benefits of forgiveness.
Forgiveness is difficult in circumstances where the abuse has left scars deep inside our hearts and souls, but holding onto them keeps reenacting the suffering.
Too very often I see clients stuck in their painful past experiences, unable to accept what happened and unwilling to discuss about it and this is not helping them.
In order to find inner peace we need to break through the suffering and resistance and take action. We need to understand what happened, to accept those experiences and learn from them. We also need to embrace forgiveness which is absolutely essential for our mental wellbeing.
Here are 5 benefits of forgiveness:
- Forgiveness lessens your anger and resentment and allows you to open to joy and happiness in life.
- Forgiveness removes your rumination and the flashbacks of the event and creates mental space for work, hobbies, self-care and social connection.
- Forgiveness reduces your depression, anxiety and other manifestations that follow an unpleasant life event.
- Forgiveness reinstates hope in yourself, others and the humanity.
- Forgiveness is vital to your healing and brings you liberation, personal growth and inner freedom.